So when Miss Amelia made her appearance at 11:42 am on April 6, Mama Randi was more than thrilled. No doubt about it, when my water broke I was filled with pure excitement (and a lot of nerves!) But there is absolutely nothing more amazing then giving birth. It was the most intense day of my life...I have never felt more alive, more in love, and more in awe of both my body and the life it created. As I'm typing this, sweet thang is lying beside me sleeping peacefully. I cannot get over the fact that I made this perfect human and I get to keep her!!! She is amazing...maybe not an amazing sleeper, but we are working on it ;)
Moments of month one:
- Alone in the hospital (daddy went home to sleep and prep the puppies), scared out of my mind because she wouldn't stop crying...and then, god bless her, BRITNEY SPEARS. Amelia suddenly stopped crying when Ms. Spears came on so we had a little dance party until she calmed down!
- Puppy love...I was so scared about the dogs being crazy with her. They have actually been really sweet with her. Although, I hate to admit it, but I have had a hard time giving them attention. Poor things...
- Sweet milk smiles. Nothing more precious than a baby with milk dripping down her chin and giving me an eyes closed, satisfied milk grin! Hey it might be gas but I will take it!
- Magical belly bandit...Ok, Ladies, if you are preggo...you must spend the $55 and invest in a belly bandit. Real talk: it's like a super girdle you have to wear all the time. Real talk: My stomach looks almost normal now and I'm down 36 lbs! Nursing helps bigtime too.
- On nursing...nothing could prepare me for how hard and rewarding this is all at the same time. It has gone well, but at four weeks I'm starting to bottle feed. It is just working best for me.
- So much more...but little bunny is waking up!